Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ethan is going to be a big brother!!

Yes, you read it correctly, we are expecting Baby Lowe #2. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and due October 5th. It has been really hard to keep this a secret, we have known since January 30th (I took a home pregnancy test). We didn't want to tell anyone until we went to the doctor, my appointment was March 4th, but I wanted to wait a couple more weeks so we could tell our parents in person. Since my parents live out of town we had to wait until Easter weekend when they were in town. We gave our parents an Easter present which was a framed picture of the ultrasound. They were so excited to be getting another grandchild!!

We sat down with Ethan this past Thursday and told him he was going to be a big brother and he was excited. We showed him the ultrasound picture and he got a big smile on his face. He asked a couple of questions like, "Where does the baby sleep?" "How does the baby eat?" Then he reached over and rubbed my belly, it was so sweet! We asked him if he wanted a brother or sister and he said he wanted a brother. So in 8 weeks we will find out! He is going to be a great big brother!!

My doctor's appointment went well. Stephen & I were there for almost 2 1/2 hours. We had an ultrasound done and that was the best part. We got to see our little bean and he/she even moved while they were doing the ultrasound. That was really cool and brought tears to my eyes!! Since I had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy with Ethan they tested me at my appointment to see if I have it again. A couple of weeks ago I received a letter in the mail from my OB's office saying I had passed! I still have to do the diabetes test again at 28 weeks but at least I don't have to prick my finger 4x a day for the next 16 weeks. What a relief!

I've had some morning sickness which is new for me, I was never sick with Ethan. It started out just in the morning but for the last few weeks I'm getting it late afternoon. Usually a glass of raspberry ginger ale does the trick. I've been really tired but I can definitely tell that is starting to go away and I've been having bad headaches. Hopefully in the next few weeks all of this will be gone. I've also started showing which has been a challenge to hide these past couple of weeks. I think I started showing around my 9th week.

So I'm going to keep up this blog for the new baby just like I do for Ethan. I should be updating in a couple of weeks after my next doctor's appointment. Oh yeah, don't forget to also read Ethan's blog at www.ethanlowe.com.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yaaaahoooo!!!! Congratulations, guys!! What exciting news! I am so happy for you guys!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that you didn't mention it at church yesterday! Congratulations. I would really love to see what a Lowe girl would look like. Ethan is one of the most handome little guys, and I think that if he had a sister she would be just breathtaking. I do think boys are great to though. How exciting!