Thursday, December 18, 2008

Random News

A week from today baby girl will be 3 months old, it's so hard to believe. Where has the time gone? She has started smiling at other people. Before it was just either Stephen, Ethan or myself but now if someone comes up and talks to her she will most likely give them a smile.

Last Tuesday Ethan had a fever with cold symptoms and as much as I washed my hands and tried to keep him away from Brennan she still got it. She woke up Friday morning and while I was nursing her I noticed her body and head were really hot. I took her temperature and it was 102.2. I gave her tylenol and then called the doctor and they told me to bring her in. When the doctor checked her ears & throat he said they looked fine. Because of her age he wanted to run some blood tests. So a nurse came in and pricked her toe to take her blood. It was hard for her to get blood so she was having to massage her leg & foot. The entire time Brennan is screaming (I'm holding her) and Ethan was sitting in a chair just watching. When the nurse got enough blood she left and as she was closing the door Ethan looked at me and said, "That was not cool Mom." Well a minute later she comes back in and says that the machine malfunctioned so she would need to get some more blood. So she pricks the other toe and Brennan is screaming the whole time. It was pretty traumatizing for all of us. Her white blood count was normal but her red cell count was low. The doctor explained that it is kind of normal in babies her age but it should be going up by now. Because of the low number he wanted to do a urine test to test for a UTI or kidney infection. By this time I'm starting to freak out. So they had to put in a catheter and this time two nurses did it so I could focus on Ethan. I was afraid that if he saw Brennan go through that he would really freak out. The urine test came back ok so he said that he thought she just had the same thing Ethan had. He wanted us to come back the next day for a re-check though. The next day we go back and she had an ear infection in her right ear. Funny how fast they can become infected so she is once again on antibiotics. By the way, she weighed 14 lbs 12 oz!!! She's now doing much better but hates to take her medicine.

Tonight we were sitting on the steps watching Ethan & Stephen play air hockey. It's a little cold down there so I wrapped us up in my blanket. When Ethan was done playing he came over and said he wanted to get warm with us, so I wrapped us all up. Here are some pics Stephen took of us.



















Ethan & Brennan snuggling





















Mommy and her babies





















Brennan trying to kiss her brother

2 comments:

Julie said...

Cute photos; wow, already 14+ #s!! Seems to be doing well! Sorry about all her ear infections, and pricks and such. :-( Looking forward to seeing you in a week!

Angie said...

Oh my goodness that sounds heart wrenching. I'm glad that you all survived. I hope everyone starts to feel better and stay that way.
Those pictures are so precious. My heart melts at how much Ethan dotes on his sister. You have a very sweet family.