Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2 month appointment

Brennan had her two month appointment this morning. She weighs 13 lbs 7 oz and is 23 3/4" long. She is growing so fast! She got 5 different immunizations. One was oral, 3 other immunizations were in one shot and then a single shot. She did great when they gave her the shots, one in each leg. She only cried for a second. She was fussy today and I could tell her left leg was sore but after I gave her some Tylenol she was feeling much better, we even got some smiles out of her!

I had to take her to the doctor on Monday because on Thursday night she started with some congestion and coughing. By Sunday night she was really fussy and after we went to bed she slept very little and stayed up crying a lot. I was worried that she had an ear infection. Sure enough her left ear looked a little infected (he said the right ear looked perfect though). So at only two months old she has her first ear infection. I had them really bad as a child so I hope she's not following in my footsteps. I remember how painful they were and I don't want her to have to go through that.

So tomorrow we'll be celebrating her first Thanksgiving. Too bad she can't eat all the yummy food yet!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Aww, sorry about the shots, Brennan! And about your ear infection!! Rough week, huh? You just keep getting cuter, though! Love the chubby cheeks!!!!! I hope you had a happy first Thanksgiving!