Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Vocabulary

The other day I decided to sit down and make a list of every word that Brennan knows and says on a regular basis. She'll pretty much repeat anything you say so that is why I only chose words that she says regularly. I think I have it pretty much completed and she says almost 150 words! I never did this with Ethan so I was shocked at the number of words. She's definitely a talker! :)

Yesterday Brennan was getting into something she wasn't supposed to so I kept asking her to stop and don't touch. She wouldn't listen so I got down to her level and told her to stop again and she slapped me in the face. Hitting is an immediate time out in our house so off she went. She sits in timeout for one minute and then I go over and tell her why she was put in timeout. I told her she needed to tell me sorry and she just stood there looking at me. I repeated the word a couple of times and she would not say sorry. (Ok, let me say she has said sorry before so I know she can say it.) So I tell her if she can't apologize she has to sit in time out longer. So another minute in time out and then I ask her to say sorry again and she won't. This girl is so strong willed! This went on for 30 minutes (and I'm not exaggerating). Finally she said "sorry" and gave me a hug and kiss. I was seriously thinking about giving up but I'm so glad I didn't, it would just make it harder the next time.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow - 30 min in time out! And I thought Kaylee had some long stints going...her record is probably just 10, though, if that.