Thursday, September 30, 2010

2 year check-up

A couple of days ago was Brennan's 2 year check-up. She weighs 26 lbs and 8 oz (48th percentile)and the nurse measured her to be 35" tall (80th percentile). I really didn't think she was in the 80th percentile for height, she's seems shorter than most kids her age. (I should have asked the nurse to measure her again.) So when we got home I measured her and I think she's closer to 33 - 33 1/2" long.

Brennan was so good at the doctor. I think it was the best she has been since she was 2 months old. Ever since she had to have that catheter at 2 months old she cries as soon as we go to triage. This time she didn't cry at all until she got her shots, then it was only for a minute or two. She had to have 3 shots, 2 in one leg and 1 in the other. The nurse put a band-aid on both legs and once I got Brennan dressed she kept trying to pull up her pants to look at her "boo-boo".

Last week Brennan had a cold and I had to take her to the doctor because she was wheezing. I asked the doctor why she wheezed when she had colds and she used the word "asthma". Kind of freaked me out but after talking to Brennan's regular doctor at her check-up she made me feel better. She said that Brennan probably doesn't have the typical asthma that you usually think of. She said that she will most likely grow out of it. Basically her respiratory system is still "growing" so hopefully once it's fully mature she won't have the problems with wheezing. So we now have a nebulizer at home and can hopefully treat the wheezing when she's sick without having to go to the doctor.

No comments: